Friday, December 14, 2007

First Week on the Job

Well, I started my job Monday and I really think I am going to like it. It really didn't take me long to learn what I would be doing and figure it out. The hardest part for me is learning their system and their reports, but I am really going to enjoy this job. I work in a great office with some really nice people. With this being the holiday season, everyone is in a very festive mood. Most of the cubicles are decorated and I believe there is a contest for the best decoration next week along with potluck lunches.
John and I are travelling to Pittsburgh to spend the weekend with his parents. We are going to see the play "A Christmas Carol" Sunday in downtown Pittsburgh. It should be fun because it is supposed to snow here over the weekend.
John is finished for the semester and it is too bad that you all don't live closer. :-) He brought home DOZENS of cookies from his baking class. They are really good! The brownies he made are awesome!! We took them to a party tonight and everyone just raved!
That's all for now. Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

Beth said...

Yeah!!! Praise the Lord for your job, and that you like it and will get along with your co-workers. We both know how important that is!!!

Anonymous said...

yes i'm in agreement w/ Beth... but i must say i loved the round brown cookies you sent! i've eaten almost all of them, so they must be good!

Anonymous said...

Hey Becky! I am so glad you got a job and you like it. We were all praying for you and that you would find something that was a great fit for you. :-)

I hear Jon is a great cook. Britt helped me cook the other night and he showed me how to make Jon's Nacho dip. It was really good!

John and Becky Henderson said...

Lauren,

I'm glad you liked the Nachos. I think that is one of the two or three things Britt can actually make. :-)Yes, John is a great cook, but unfortunately, he usually gets to eat my cooking.

Anonymous said...

haha...Britt and I actually had that discusion. When we were cooking I said, "Good, I am glad to know you can cook some. Now you can help me cook oon our ski trip" and he said, "Well, other then this and grilled cheese I really can't cook.". Oh well. :p

John and Becky Henderson said...

Don't let him fool you....he makes great French Toast!

Anonymous said...

haha i was gonna say the same thing about the french toast!!! lol its the truth!...

Beth said...

Yeah, I even called him once from Alaska to find out how to make french toast. Becky and Brooke can tell you just how good my cooking skills are...

Anonymous said...

haha...that is great!

I should put French Toast on the menu for the ski trip and we can see just how good his cooking skills are...;-) haha...