Monday, April 7, 2008

A Nice Weekend

John and I had a very nice weekend...if only it could have lasted longer. :-)

Friday night, we decided to splurge on dinner and a movie. We haven't done this in a while, and since we got our tax return, I told John he was taking me out on a date! So we drove the hour into Pittsburgh Mills, ate dinner at Chili's and watched "Leatherheads". Highly recommended for all OU fans...they play a great fight song at one of the games!!! I was honestly singing "Boomer, Sooner" in the middle of a packed theatre...but just loud enough for John to hear me. :-)It was a great movie...George Clooney is just hillarious! Reminiscent of his "O Brother, Where Art Thou" days.

Saturday, John had a fund raiser he was helping with in Punxy, so I went up with him. I went for moral support only. I drove around and put change in everyone's little buckets. I also got my hair cut, which was badly needed. It felt so good to get it all chopped off! Then we drove back home, picked up some sandwiches at a local sub shop, and spent the rest of the day at home.

Sunday was, of course, a great day. I filled in for the lady who normally does children's church, and that was fun. To top it all off, we had some sunny weather and almost 60 degree temps most of the weekend. So, hopefully, spring is here to stay. Wouldn't that be marvelous!

Nothing else too exciting....John had a good interview with The Broadmoor, located in Colorado Springs. He has two more coming up this week with a place in Williamsburg, VA and the Marco Island Marriott in Florida. Pray that those go well also.

Love you guys, Becky

5 comments:

Beth said...

love the new blog layout! It is always nice to get out and do something out of the ordinary, isn't it? Love and miss you dearly!

Anonymous said...

I want to see tha tmovie so bad! Everytime I see a a preview for it I laugh. It looks really good!

Love the new layout!

britt said...

Dito on the layout. It is very cool.

Lauren tried to go watch that movie on Friday at the new theatre in Moore. But it was sold out of every movie for the rest of the night. But we will all have to go there together when you all are here. That would be fun!

John and Becky Henderson said...

I WANT TO SEE NARNIA.......in a decent theatre..........there is not a decent theatre in Indiana, so we have to drive an hour into Pittsburgh to go to one. Since it opens the Wednesday before we leave, we won't be able to see it opening weekend...we are celebrating our anniversary before we leave!!! So, write it down, stick a note on your forehead, put a string on your finger....whatever you need to do. :-)

Jack's Blog said...

hey! this is brooke. i just made dad a blog so when he starts doing his own thing on it, you have to look on it and comment! <3 ya!