Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hello.....long time, no blog

Well, obviously a lot has happened since my last post. John and I finished our time in Pennsylvania and made the move with his parents to Colorado Springs, CO. We are so thankful for God's provision and protection during our move. We made the trip in 2 days and had no troubles at all. We had great travel weather and made great time....two things I was very thankful for. We unloaded and got a lot of things unpacked while John's parents were with us. They were a huge help to us! We also got to do some sight-seeing with them. John and I have discovered that Garden of the Gods is one of our favorite places here. The landscape changes everyday with the changes in weather or time of day. It is absolutely beautiful! Since being here, we have also been to a lake up in the mountains (I can't remember exactly where), and to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo...really cool place! They have a great giraffe exhibit. You can actually pet and feed them! We were really impressed. While at the zoo, we drove up to the Will Rogers shrine on the side of Cheyenne Mountain. Great view of Colorado Springs, even though it was raining.
I was able to go to Oklahoma for a week to witness Britt and Lauren's wedding. I thought there was a lot of work involved in my wedding, but putting together a rehearsal dinner was a lot more work than I expected. It was a great week, but I had to rest for a couple of days just to recuperate! It was so good to spend time with my family. I hadn't seen some of them for a year, so it was good to catch up with everyone. We did a lot of shopping, running around and cooking. :-) I must say, my 4 month old niece, Kinley, is a trooper. She went with us just about everywhere and did remarkably well! Also, my brother-in-law Nathan was a huge help. He kept Brianna and Nate most of the time so that Beth could run around with us. I really appreciated that. And my sweet sister Brooke gave up her room for me! I really appreciated that too....especially since she slept on the couch all week! It culminated in a great wedding ceremony for Britt and Lauren. I was honored to be a part of it all!
I missed John immensely while I was gone and it was really good to get back home. I've just been finishing up around the house and doing a little bit of job searching. I'm not in full out job hunting mode yet. God has been gracious in His provision for us, so I don't have to have a job right away. However, hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can be able to start one.
I'll post some pictures of CO soon....it kind of takes a while for them to upload and I usually don't have the patience to wait for them. :-) Don't worry....most of them are just different views of Pikes Peak....amazing!
Talk to you later!

1 comment:

brittandlauren said...

Hey sis! I'm glad things are going well. I can't wait for an opportunity to come see you.

I'll be praying that you can find a job quicker than I can.:)