Saturday, November 7, 2009

November

Hello everyone! To our 5 readers Greetings:


November is truly the best time of the year. Can I count the ways? 1. Best Holiday 2. my Birthday 3. election season (congrats to local colorado springs saying no to more taxes)and now every professional sport is in season. Thanks to baseball the fall classic now ends in November. Shout out for Becky as her Yankees have triumphed. I am sure she would have participated in the ticker-tape parade had someone sent her an invitation. In other news on the sporting front, rumor has it that there is an important game being played in Lincoln today. From past experience i will not go out on a limb and predict a winner. I just want a well played game and to the victor go the spoils :).

Okay enough jibber-jabber. Becky and I are really loving Colorado Springs. I am a full time at the Broadmoor hotel in the Bakery. Check them out online if you want the full scoop on the Broadmoor. All i will say is that it is by far the best place i have worked to date. We are thankful that God has provided to cover all our expenses and have a little extra for savings. We have found a church that Becky has really been able to plug into and connect. As I have Sunday's off, like tommorrow, I am able to go. The blessing has been finding a lifegroup that meets in the evenings which I am able to attend each week and has really been very encouraging. One of our couples in celebrating 25 years of marriage tonight so we will have the privilege of celebrating with them. (Looking forward to great Italian food)

parting thought

Therefore prepare you minds for action, keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

much love
John

4 comments:

JimandLisa said...

Need a little more confidence in Husker nation, there brother...

John and Becky Henderson said...

Jim to model Dr Tom: He never viewed an opponent as the enemy,” Knowles said. "You treat people the right way. Osborne was around for so long, was such a big influence and beloved. I think people take their cue from him.”

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/why-cant-every-place-be-like-lincoln-nebraska/article/3415368?custom_click=lead_story_title#ixzz0WHZbw2YV


I am excited with the outcome but understand I have loved ones who are not. It is just a game at the end of the day. I say well played to both defenses and may each offense improve the rest of the season.

Anonymous said...

Hey John! very nice post :) I'm so glad you like your job!

Beth said...

finally...a new post! good to hear from you guys!