Sunday, June 22, 2008

Update

Sorry its been a while. There really is not much going on around here. Julie was with us last weekend, which was good. We had a great time having her in our home. We are making plans for Mom and Dad and Bryce to come up the first week of July. I'm really looking forward to that.

John is doing well in school. His blocks are now only 10 days long instead of 15 and he is in the kitchen for the whole time. Much more hands on, which I think he enjoys. It has been nice because I don't have to make him a lunch half the time!

We are also planning a trip to New York City the week of my birthday. I was able to get tickets to a Yankees game on Aug. 17, which is a Sunday. I went ahead and took the entire week off since it was available, so we are going to try and make a trip out of it. However, lodging, as you can imagine, is very expensive. We would like to camp if we can find a campground that is not too far out from the city. We'll see. We are also hoping to get to go down to Brian and Julie's later that week and spend a little time with them in Maryland. So, things are coming together for that. :-)

This is turning out to be a busy summer, which I think is good. I am finding myself a little discontented with my job. I enjoy the work, but it doesn't keep me busy all day and I get incredibly bored in the afternoon. I hate that feeling and it tends to drag on me quite a bit in the attitude department. I am considering looking for something else, but since I am going to be here for less than a year, don't want to get into a "hard to fill" position. So pray that something will either open up that I can apply for without feeling guilty or that my bosses will find more for me to do!

Here are a couple of pitures from our recent trip to OK! I need to get Beth and Mom some copies.....maybe I'll get those in the mail this week. :-)








Here are a couple from our trip to Gettysburg!





Have a great week!

2 comments:

Beth said...

Great pics!!! Whose cute kids are those anyway??? Anyway, you always were very efficient at your job. Have you talked to your boss about finding more work for you to do? Hopefully, that will work out. If not, surf the net, read a book...something. Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

so i love this pics!!! we look amazing in my graduation pics... and courtney is here w/ me and we love the close up pic of you... you look like a model!! love your hair! :) such cuteness!!!!!!

I Love you!