Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Pennsylvania Spring

So, as you know, we were in Oklahoma for a week. It was nice and hot and sunny. No rain. Good swimming weather. We came home to PA and the temperatures had still not gotten out of the 70's on a consistent basis. This is great since we have no air conditioning. We were just hanging out with the windows open, and at times, in the evenings, it would get a little chilly.

That was last week. This week, although the temperature has not been too high, the humidity is stifling. For those of you who know me, I don't do well when I am hot and sticky all the time. But this is unreal. I knew it was different here. When we moved in August, the humidity was unbelievable, but apparently it starts now and ends sometime in September. So, John and I are going to have to figure out some sort of cooling system for our apartment. Either a window unit for the bedroom and fans downstairs or fans in every corner. SOMETHING!

The upside to all of this is the flowers. I love flowers and the ones blooming here are gorgeous. The rotodendren (sp?) bushes are particularly lovely. They just all of the sudden opened up one day last week and the world was a maze of the most gorgeous lavenders and pinks I have seen in a long time. Very nice. I have noticed some other plants, but I don't know their names. The colors are so cheerful. It makes me happy!

We are doing really well. John is in the kitchen all day now. They have been preparing various buffets and are in preparation to open the school's restaurant soon. I think he is enjoying it, but he is tired when he comes home. Last night, he came in, ate dinner, and went to take a 30 minute nap before we went to Bible study. And he is sawing logs as we speak. :-)I am doing well at work. I got nominated by one of the regional managers for a service award for my help in helping branches with their tickets. That was really nice. I don't think I'll win, but it was a nice gesture on his part and I appreciate it.

Today will be an exciting day. We are going to do LAUNDRY! I can't hardly wait. ;-)I also hope to get started on figuring out a cooling system. I really can't wait for that. Right now, we have a fairly cool morning, but it won't last long, so I'm going to enjoy it while I can. :-)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Humidity, YUCK! Not a fan! I hope you find out a way to get cool. :p

britt said...

Hey sis! Sorry I hadn't posted earlier. I am glad things are going well. I wish I could come up with mom and dad and see the beautiful flowers with you. It sounds like it is beautiful up there.

Love you bunches.

P.S. You should post again soon.