Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

I don't usually get too excited about New Year's. Other than my friend Charlanne having a birthday, I don't usually think it is that big of a deal. But, I am really looking forward to the new year. God has done so much for John and I this year and I am looking forward to what He has in store for us this year. I know it will be a year filled with different challenges, but I know there will be some great victories for us, too!
One thing I am really looking forward to is taking advantage of our new membership to the YMCA in town. We decided to spend some of our Christmas money on a membership and can't wait to get started. We are making an effort to be more health conscious this year and I think it will be fun for us to do this together. It is also very important for us to stay focussed this year. This is especially true for John. We are here for one purpose....to get John through culinary school. While we have gotten involved in church, John especially has had to sacrifice some activities that he enjoys in order to stay on task with school. I am very proud of him and expect he will only do better in school as he works toward his goal of becoming a pastry chef. I think we both understand that a few sacrifices now will be worth it in the end. God has richly blessed us and I look forward to His new blessings this year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY!!!! happy new year! lol don't worry if i go to alaska this summer i'll try to make it home in time to go to Pennsylvania too! lol thats exciting about the YMCA membership! i've always wanted one of those but there isn't a good one around us... so? yeah, i'll just have to work out here. ?? anyways. Nationals is tomorrow, so pray for all of us! hopefully it will end wonderfully! lol Love ya'll and miss ya! i'll talk to you soon!

Love,
Brooke~

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Becky! I do hope that it is one filled with MANY blessings for both of you! :-)I must say that I hope this New Years entails me meeting you! :-)

That is cool about the YMCA pass. I used to have on eof those and I LOVED it!